Sunday, July 09, 2006

Who Are You?

Who is this baby? He looks like my baby Sammy, but I think he might be an imposter. Sam wakes up every night at least twice, sometimes even three or four times. This baby pictured here slept last night from 9pm until 7am. It was weird. I decided last night that if it had been less than four hours since his last feeding, that I would leave Sam in his bed to 'cry it out.' He woke up around 11:30, and he started talking and protesting lightly, but there was no crying. The next time I woke up, it was 2am. I was a little freaked out that he hadn't gotten up, so since I had to pee, I checked on him. He was fine. I went back to sleep and woke up again at 4:45am. This time I was really freaked out that there had been no demand for boobies yet. (Also, my boobs were so full by this time that I was having trouble walking.) I checked in on him and again, he was fine. When he finally woke up a little after 7, I felt so rested I could have walked to Philadelphia and back again. I'm not counting on this ever happening again until he's 4 or 5, but I gotta tell you. It. Was. Awesome.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Janet said...

its funny what counts as a miracle once you become a parent!
ps- um, your kid...best smile ever!