Sunday, November 18, 2007

Babies Babaies Babies!

Today Lucy and I went to my friend Carrie's baby shower. I'm so excited that she's knocked up. First of all, she's going to be a stellar mom. And in a more selfish vein, one of my friends is going to have a baby! I mean, someone who I was friends with before children factored into the equation. Don't get me wrong, I love Lora and Susan, but I didn't meet them until I was pregnant with Sam. I've known Carrie since we were 18. We've got history.

We met on the first day of freshman year way back in 1997, where we were suite mates at SJU. By the third day of school, we were staying up until 3am swapping life stories. She was there the night I got engaged to SOB. She lived with us. She was a bridesmaid at our wedding. She was the first person to meet Sammy, as in, ever, besides us. We hosted their engagement party when her boyfriend and fellow SJU alumni Marcello proposed. I sang at their wedding. I can only hope that I'll be there soon after her little bambino is born.

And she looks fab in a bow hat!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Great to have close friends having babies with you....never happened to me....I left it too late. :-D Met lots of great people through baby massage classes though :-D