Saturday, November 24, 2007

Does This Make Me Weird?

I love orange tic tacs. L-O-V-E love them. I have ever since I was a teeny tiny tot. I now occasionally also enjoy the citrus twist flavored tic tacs, but orange is my old stand-by. When I buy a box of them, I care to enjoy them in a very specific fashion. First I shake 8 or 10 into my mouth directly from the little flip top. Then I divide them roughly in half with my tongue. Once divided, I transport the groups to opposite sides of my mouth, where I stash them between my cheek and gums. I suck on the like this for approximately 30 seconds, and then I mix them all up in the middle of my mouth and repeat the dividing process. After another 30 seconds or so of sucking, I move all of the tic tacs to one side of my mouth between the cheek and gum, and then one by one I crunch them between by last molars on the opposite side of my mouth. I repeat this entire process until the entire box is empty.

Today at Target I bought some tic tacs. (Oooh! So many good T words!) Usually I just ask the cashier to hand over the goods, but Lucy started fussing and I forgot. She put them in a bag with a bunch of bathroom items, like soap and lotion and stuff, and I totally forgot about them. I took the bag upstairs, and later when I was in the shower I reached in to get some soap, but found my tic tacs.

I ate the entire box while in the shower.

I am weird. I know it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

super des said...

And you are hilarious.

Amy said...

Ha! I am obsessed with orange tic tacs and baby aspirin.

Anonymous said...

NOt to be toally nosey, but what ever happend with that pregnacy scare?

Janet said...

i f'in love orange tic tacs...i actually stole a box from acme when i was about 3 or 4...thats a good story...
but i think you can appreciate the lengths people go to for that sweet goodness!

susan said...

I can't decide if I love that you spelled out step-by-step the order in which you eat tic-tacs or that you ate the entire box in the shower. Weird? Nah. Quirky, though, definitely quirky!

Arizaphale said...

You are so brave to admit this kind of thing! I am in total denial about my obsessive eating of anything sweet which I happen to have a packet of...elite mints are the most recent vice. I have no self control. And I crunch them...because I have to eat them fast in case someone takes them away!!!!!
btw: is anyone else finding those word verification letters getting smaller and smaller? Lately I have to enter them twice and I notice they give me a larger visually impaired version the second time around. Phew.

K said...

Ok, this is possibly the funniest thing I've read in a long time.