Saturday, August 23, 2008

Moments

Yesterday I was emotionally tender. There were moments that made me weepy. There were moments that made me squeal. There were moments that made me, well, simply smile.

As I nursed Lucy before her nap, she stopped and looked at me. She reached her hand up and touched my cheek. When she latched back on I looked at my watch and it was 11:41. The exact time she was born. 

Playing in the backyard after dinner we discovered a dead mouse offered up to us by Simon the cat. Allison donned one of my gardening gloves and picked it up. As she carried it back behind the garage she thought it would be funny to chase me around with it. Sam and SOB were shaking in their boots with laughter as I screamed and ran, until finally she gave up.

And then there was all the fun I had playing with my birth day present. Can you guess what it was?




Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

susan said...

Baby toes & cupcakes... yummy! Also, I can never get over the incredible blue of that boy's eyes. Good use of your birth day gift, I'd say!

Heather of the EO said...

such beautiful moments!
I was so touched by the nursing/cheek touching/time of birth part.
So amazing, gives the chills.

Arizaphale said...

Lucky you with your new present. I'd love a decent one too. Sounds like you had a great day.