Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All All Alone

Today is Lucy's first day at nursery school. We were planning to wait until summer or fall, but there was an opening and when they called to ask if we'd be interested I said Yes!


Somehow, I think I'm regretting my decision.

Yes, it is nice to navigate the crowded isles of Acme totally unencumbered. And yes, it is nice to have hours on end to bake my pies. Because seriously, I'm three hours in and I haven't even put a pie in the oven yet. All of this 'from scratch' shit takes time! If she were here with me I would be taking frequent breaks to play, feed, change, etc. 

But if she were here with me she would be laughing and singing. And drooling and giving kisses. For some reason I woke up sad today. I was already on the verge of tears before I brushed my teeth. Having her tiny voice singing 'Twinkle Twinkle' while she emptied out my cabinets might have been just the thing to snap me out of this funk. 

So instead of blathering my sad all over the internet I'll just direct you to my new post over at Philly Moms! Go forth, and read!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came over because I just discovered the Philly Mom blog. How cool. I am sorry you felt sad today! It is so hard when we have to watch them grow up, isn't it? I am always telling my son that I am going to sprinkle "magic-stop-growing-up-dust" on him. It's not working though...

Arizaphale said...

Don't talk about sad to me. My daughter flew off to her dad for two weeks the day before my birthday. And she'll be away for Christmas. I got completely tanked at a friends Christmas party on Sunday night and cried myself into an extremely messy oblivion. I miss my kid.