Thursday, June 25, 2009

Theme Thursday Theme Thursday Theme Thursday Theme Thursday...

I am a creature of habit. I try and wake up at the same time every day, I eat the same breakfast (lately it's been blueberry poptarts. Thanks baby!), I haul the kids to the Y, we run errands, we play, we nap, we eat, we bathe, we go back to bed. I find comfort in routines.

These past two weeks, therefore, have been a nightmare. Both kids are off of school for the summer, which was my decision, but instead of giving us a little time to adjust, I signed Sam up for two different camps back-to-back. Last week he had Y camp and this week it's soccer camp. He's absolutely loving it, but it's like Old Mother Hubbard's over here because my schedule is totally on its ear. In all seriousness, I'm almost out of poptarts!

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see, teaching three and four-year old kids soccer requires a fair degree of repetition as well. There are a lot of repetitive drills and games, and every day his yummy lovely 24-year old friendly British coach has to remind them that soccer players don't use their hands at least two dozen times!

There is a fair amount of repetition on the sidelines as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lucy and her stroller crew pass the time trying to get into the action, only to be bribed away with toys and snacks!

The best way for me to maintain my sanity in these weeks of schedule mayhem is to have a little project. The hydrangea I planted last year is blooming, much to my surprise!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Every few days I try and snap a few shots of the blossoms as they progressively open. These five shots span about three weeks.

What sort of repetition do you have to share this week?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Arizaphale said...

How cool are these pix??? LOVE Sam in the same position on two different days. (unless you changed him for his photoshoot when he wasn't looking???????

Arizaphale said...

Oops. Forgot my link.
repetition

Jen said...

Oh, how cool. I never think to do things like that.

Heather said...

I wish I had your soil---our hydrangeas are a very pale purple this year. Love those shots!

You're braver than I with the kid camps---LOL at the stroller lineup!

I cheated and used ShakeItPhoto at Wegmans this week!

Amy Jo said...

Those Sam shots were on different days. I was hoping to get a shot like that one every day this week, but the weather forecasts have been spotty the past few days and I wasn't sure taking my camera was the best idea.

The camp thing is totally kicking my butt, by the way. This wasn't an issue of bravery, but one of stupidity. I'm exhausted, my house is a mess and my in-laws are coming this weekend. Boo to camp!

Dr Zibbs said...

Great pics!