Sunday, August 02, 2009

Game Night

On Friday night we hung out with the sister-in-law and her boyfriend. After some deliberation, we decided to play a board game. We recently acquired both Scrabble and Monopoly, and since we had played Scrabble recently we opted for Monopoly. It had been well over a dozen years since I had played this game, and after two hours and no end in sight, I remembered why: Monopoly sucks and is the longest game in world history. We finally called it after another half an hour, and my back was so sore from sitting in the same spot for so long that I had to take a bath at 11pm to ease the pain. If you know me then you know how amazing this is, as I am usually in bed and asleep by 9:30pm at the latest. We left the box out on the table, and the next morning guess who discovered it?


Photobucket

Sam does not think Monopoly sucks. In fact, he thinks Monopoly is the greatest game in the universe. We played a seriously modified version that only included rolling the dice and moving the pieces, but he would have been happy to let the game go on as long as the game from the night before. Luckily, Lucy woke up and I had a good reason to end the game after a reasonable amount of time!

Do you have any SOOC fun to share this weekend? Visit Melody at Slurping Life.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Hahahah. I remember a family we knew who always had a game going on their dining room table. I thought it was weird then and still do now :-D Now, Pictionary, or Trivial Pursuit:THAT is a different matter!!!!

super des said...

I have never won a game of Monopoly in my life. SO I'm biased in my dislike. But I have a National Parks version that is super cool, so I'm torn.

susan said...

I truly believe that a game of Monopoly can make or break a relationship.

I've seen it happen.

It's never pretty.

Monopoly is the devil.

Lora said...

you have no idea how much I hate monopoly.

I could write a book about how much it sucks.