Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boxes! Boxes! Boxes!

Today the packers arrived. They got here at before 8am and they've been working solidly since then, with just a few quick smoke breaks and a brief 20 minute cheese steak lunch. I can say, with absolute honesty and respect, that I don't know how they do it. There are only two men, and they have about 80% of my house packed in seven hours. Even if we shipped the kids off with the grandparents, it would take us at least a week to pack the house up.


(With all of these boxes around, I kind of feel like making a fort.)

Tomorrow morning me and the kids will ship off bright and early, or at least by 10am. SOB is going to stay until the loading is done and sweep up. We'll spend one night at my parents' house, and then on Friday morning we close on the new house! According to the main mover man, our belongings should be waiting for us once we get done signing the papers. If all goes well, my parents and the kids will join us on Saturday and we'll actually live there. In Morgantown. In our new house.

This shit is crazy.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

super des said...

Exciting!

Dan said...

I won't lie, it's gonna be weird you not living in Philly but I can't wait to see the new house and the kids. 143 sister

Lora said...

I love you and I miss you already. Travel safe, and we will see each other again.