Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Maggie, Month Nine

Cutie Ma-goo-tie!


Photobucket

Nine months already, my little Sugar Magnolia? You've been out as long as you were in! No fair, growing all up and stuff while I was busy unpacking boxes. You've handled this move far more smoothly than the other two, who are constantly trying to mortally injure each other. Nope, you just sit back and watch the action, nap when I put you in your crib, eat when I spoon you some food and smile every time you see my face. You even had a smile on your baby face when we got trapped at a furniture store until almost 10pm. Why? Because you're the best baby ever!

Photobucket

Just like brother and sister before you, you've developed a love of remotes. I can't keep these buggers, or the phones, away from you. This amuses me because for the first time in your life, you are annoying your big brother. He's four and already has the, 'I'm a man so the remote is MINE!' So I let you have it just to bug him. You don't get it and just love the attention he gives you when you have the remote in your hands. So cute!

Photobucket

Somehow or another, your eyelashes have doubled in length this month. I remember when you were born, and you had no brows or lashes, and your forehead was covered with tiny brown hairs (look at the picture in this post). I thought for sure you were going to be our little hirsute baby. But then your forehead hair fell out and your brows and lashes came in, and now they're longer than mine! Are you secretly using that scary Brooke Shields stuff?

Photobucket

Even though you're crawling to beat the band, this is where you can most often be found. You are a stage four clinger, but in a good way. If you see or hear me, the squawking begins. Then you start crawling around to find me. Once you do, it's all 'holdmeholdmeholdmeNOW!' If I try and give you to someone else like dad or grandma, your fine until you see me again, and then you lunge at me like a wild beast. I secretly love it. Plus, when Lucy was this age she was a Sherman tank, but you're long and lean like your brother, so holding you is a piece of cake!

Photobucket

You have finally mastered the art of self-feeding, and now you suck up puffs and cheerios lickety-split. I'm just glad that I no longer have to pop them into your mouth like a little baby bird.

Photobucket

Honestly baby girl, it just keeps on getting better with you. I wouldn't trade a single second of time with you, not for the whole world.

Love, Mama

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Love the shot with the two of you ... such a sweet girl!! :)

Arizaphale said...

OK I think I finally worked out why this site is called CHEESE party!!!! Seriously though, it is great to hear how much you are enjoying number 3 cos she sure is s sweetheart. Oh and by the way, do you guys realise you are in a 'have a baby move house' cycle? How many more of these are you planning???? :-D
Delicious photos.

Armando Codina said...

Wow, it is great to hear how much you are enjoying number 3 cos she sure is s sweetheart. Oh and by the way, do you guys realist you are in a 'have a baby move house' cycle, thanx for the share.