Friday, July 30, 2010

Gone Fishin'

Yesterday Sam went fishing with Uncle Joe. Because of my thalassophobia and general fear of drowning, this was a huge thing for me. Sam + lake + boat = PANIC! Luckily, Joe is one of the most trustworthy people in the world, and Aunt Yan went along as well. I'm pretty sure that two adults can keep one four and a half year old from drowning. Still, I was fretting and rending my garments until I got this text message:

Photobucket

How could I, even with all of my neuroses, continue to worry about this boy, who was obviously having a blast and reeling in large mouth bass like it was his job?

After three hours of fishing (two and a half more than I thought Sam would last) Sam decided that it would be best to throw his prizes back into the lake. And also he accidentally threw about $100 worth of Uncle Joe's equipment into the lake as well. But everyone had a great time, and I didn't explode from worry.

I think that's worth $100, don't you?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Oh you just KNOW that kid is going to love fishing and buy a boat and be on the water every weekend in order to keep his mama on nerve tablets for life! hahahaha Nah. Well done you for coping. He looks like a natural. Except for the $100 worth of gear. Oops.