Thursday, August 12, 2010

Y is for Yellow

Y is for Yellow


We almost didn't make it this week! I took this Y photo back in March of 2009 and never named the file so I would be able to find it. After a long time of searching through lots of folders, and reliving lots of memories, I finally came across it this morning. This was actually the shot that gave me the initial idea to look for letters in nature. The shot that started it all, if you will.

Chrissie is visiting her sister, who has three adorable kids, and she used their arts and crafts time to capture this yellow crayon. She took a lot of shots, but I especially liked this one because of the English, Spanish, and French. Waaaaaaaaaay back in the day, Chrissie and I met in our college French class, so I often think of her when I see the written French word. Plus, she lived in Mexico for a time and is fluent in Spanish, so I also often think of her when I see Spanish text. So even though it sounds really weird, this shot of a yellow crayon reminds me of a lot of happy memories of our friendship.

Can you tell I'm pregnant and maybe a little hormonal?

For more Team Up Thursday, visit Megan, Melody and Flickr!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you tracked down the photo. It is awesome to see the photo that started it all.

Lora said...

amarillo is one of Jake's favorite words right now. He speaks Spanglish. It's really weird.

I blame Diego and Dora and the rest of those little hispanic brats running the world.

Also, I was just going to check your last few posts because I thought that I had dreamed you were pregnant! I'm such a crazy person. Things have been a bit hectic, and when I'm stressed I don't sleep well and I can never remember if something happen for reals for reals or only in my brain.

So awesome! How are you feeling?

Chrissie said...

I'm hormonal too (for different reasons than you), as is my sister (for different reasons than you) ... so we were sitting here crying as well! Love you friend! :)

Arizaphale said...

WHAT???????????????????????????
You just slipped THAT one in didn't you???????????????????????????????
OMGOMGOMGOMG...I am going to have to go away and PROCESS this!!!!!!!!!!!
:-D
Seriously! Sooo happy for you and BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
(from one whose hormones are leaving her faster than rats leave a sinking ship. Quick!! take off that cardi I am having another hot flush!!!!)

Fickle Cattle said...

very cool shot.

ficklecattle.blogspot.com