Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Grinch

Yesterday my darling little Lucy asked if she could give me a snuggle and a kiss. For months we had been butting heads, but after conceding that maybe she didn't need an afternoon nap anymore, we've been like peas and carrots. Naturally a snuggle and a kiss is always welcomed, and so she ran over and climbed up on my lap. Just as she was one millimeter away from my waiting lips, she coughed directly onto/into my face.


Kids: they're disgusting, but we love them anyway.

Being pregnant, it didn't take long for my compromised immune system to succumb to whatever germies she projected all over me. I woke up at 2:30 to pee, and I was hot and clammy. When I went to grab a drink it felt like I was swallowing a million teeny porcupines. I took two tylenol and headed back to bed.

When I got up this morning I was feeling ok, but my throat was swollen. Which caused me to gag. Which caused me to vomit. Which caused me to pee in my kitchen. Awesome, right? Fourth pregnancy incontinence? CHECK!

After I got cleaned up and changed I went upstairs to wake my darling little Lu. Her door was open a small amount, which is unusual. I walked in, and before I even turned on the light I knew how the door got opened because of the smell. I flipped the switch and saw the cat nonchalantly making a huge poop in the corner. I don't know how or why he started doing this, but it's getting realllllllllllllllllly out of hand.

And all of this happened before 7am.

Luckily, the rest of the day has been fairly uneventful. I've put on my yoga pants, and we're settling in for a snuggle and a viewing of the Grinch. The house is decorated for Christmas, there is soup on the menu for dinner, and it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. If that's not enough to make my heart grow three sizes today, then what is?

Photobucket
Lucy, terrified that the Grinch's sled is going to topple off of the top of Mount Crumpet

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Yeah, whoever made those sickly movies about perfect families at Christmas has obviously never had one!
Perfect photo though.