Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A New Tradition

Growing up I always got an orange in my Christmas stocking. Silly putty and socks and oranges were constants at Christmastime. As my kids get older, I've been trying to establish some traditions of our own, borrowing a bit from my past. Oranges made their way into my kids' stocking the past two years, but with little fanfare. This year was different, though. Sam, with his lovely little mind, came up with the idea that Christmas oranges were magic, because they come from Santa! Once you finish eating them, you get to make a wish.


Photobucket

I don't know what they wished for, but I'm hoping that their wishes come true!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Lora said...

That's genius! And I'm stealing that for next year. Jake always just tosses his orange aside, and it usually rolls under the couch.

Which is funny, because he LOVES oranges. But not as much as candy.

We always got one too. Plus school supplies and blank tapes.

Arizaphale said...

I remember when I was 18 and the orange in my stocking suddenly became a bottle of Cointreau :-)But then I'm a little obsessed by the alcohol question at the moment :-)
But look at those beautiful kids in their Christmas PJs!!! All in ones! Sooooo cute *sigh*