Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The Trials and Tribulations of Toddlerhood

HELP! I've lost my baby! You remember her, right? Sweet and loving, cuddly and quiet? She's no where to be found. Instead, I have this:

Photobucket

Demanding and cranky, loud and fearless. She runs around the house doing the sign for 'more' while yelling 'cracker' at the top of her lungs. She insists of climbing on the furniture, opening drawers, doors and cabinets, and pulling the cat's tail. She wails to be taken outside, despite the fact that it's twenty-two degrees and snowing. She whines to be held, until she doesn't want to be held anymore, at which point she attempts to leap head-first from my arms. She won't hold hands, she will climb up the staircase and do not even attempt to change her diaper anywhere but on her changing table, or you will be sorry.

On the plus side, she does give awfully good kisses, and her rendition of 'the itsy bitsy spider' can't be beat.

I knew this was bound to happen eventually, but I don't think I was ready for it. I want my baby back.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: