Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lucy's First Day

Photobucket


Yesterday Lucy started pre-kindergarten. Last week her teacher came over for a visit, and during that time they told me that I had to come in with her on the first day. She said most parents stay until lunch, and that if she was having a rough time I could take her home then. Well, we weren't even there for five minutes when I was dismissed by my four year old daughter. I told her I wasn't leaving yet, and she didn't look too pleased with me. Half an hour later she told me, in no uncertain terms, that it was time to go. "Grown ups don't count here, mom," she said to me. I collocated myself, and a hug and a kiss, and slowly backed away from the table.

Photobucket

At the end of the day, she walked hand-in-hand with Sammy to the car. She loved it, naturally. It was awesome, and she couldn't wait to go back!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Add 12 years and grown ups don't count AT ALL :-(