Life has been doling out big heaping doses of good stuff lately, with a small side helping of not-as-good-but-not-terrible stuff to go with. Here's a summary...
- A few months ago I started thinking about going pro as a photographer. (side note/promotion: check out my Facebook page and tell me what you think!) That ball has been rolling and bouncing quite nicely. I've had a few shoots with families, and this weekend I'm shooting a charity race. It's an exciting process because I'll be getting lots of exposure, and I even have a logo on the racers t-shirts! This all makes me feel very, very grown up and professional-like. On the flip not-as-good-but-not-terrible side, a bunch of my super-fun college friends from Philly are coming this weekend and I'm going to have to abandon them during the race time. Also, I will not be able to get rip roaring drunk on wine when they get here on Friday night, but that's probably a good thing!
- Around the same time as the photography stuff started to get serious, I also became more involved with a breastfeeding support group here in Mo-town. That's going really well, too! We had a booth at a baby fair this past weekend and we had lots of mommies and mommies-to-be stop at our area. Also, experiencing some of the WV crazies that came out for free stuff was enough entertainment for at least a month, and is worthy of a post of its own. On the not-as-good-but-not-terrible side, we were situated right outside of the (very loud) Halloween store, and since I was already but not really semi-recovering from a cold, I got crazy laryngitis. I still sound all sick and squeaky, and not at in that sexy sick way.
- Speaking of mommies-to-be, THE TWINS ARE COMING IN ONE WEEK! I had a family shoot scheduled for Sunday, but the daddy fell head, face and arms first into a pile of poison ivy, so I went and took some pics of my lovely sister-in-law instead! I cannot cannot cannot wait to meet those boys!
- Halloween looms, and just wait until you see what we've got planned for this year! We may even top last year!
- All of a sudden, Lucy is my good child again! She still screams and cries at any perceived offence, but her behaviour is much, much improved from summertime. She's digging hockey and tap class, and she recently discovered the simple joy of climbing trees.
- Fred never ceases to amaze me. Watch him pick up food and eat it as though he's been doing it forever, and not for less than a minute!
- I'm going to go ahead and end this post now, because there is no way I can possibly top that cuteness!