Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Weight

The other day Sam looked at me and said, "Mom, you're getting less fat!" Now, if anyone else had said those words to me, they might have gotten slapped in the face, but hearing it from my not-quite six year olds son made me beam.


I've been going to weight watchers meetings since January 4th. I've lost 14 pounds to date, and I'm feeling pretty good. The Wii no longer groans when I step on the balance board, and while my clothes aren't too big yet, they actually fit again. I've got a good amount of momentum propelling me onward. Plus my parents are in the program as well, so we work together. We share recipes and keep each other motivated. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone, right?

The last time I did this program I lost 50 pounds over the course of a year. About a pound a week. I'm hoping that with my strong start I'll be able to get there a little more quickly, but even if it takes me the whole year, I'm hoping for a spectacular (and skinny) new me in 2013.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

BrightenedBoy said...

Congratulations on the progress you've made so far! My problem is that once I've lost a bit of weight I tend to get lazy, but that just leads me back to where I was before.

I've been on a diet/fitness kick since the beginning of the year and have really been sticking to it. Eleven pounds lost so far!

I'm fourteen pounds away from my goal weight and plan to see it through until I get there.