Thursday, March 15, 2012

Take Me Home

This morning while the kids were eating breakfast, Maggie started shouting that there was a rainbow in the sky. Since the sun hadn't even come up yet I knew that wasn't possible. Or was it?

I grabbed my phone and ran out to take a picture. The deck was wet with dew and it was a little cooler than I expected (since it was 78 degrees here yesterday) but I stood out there and gave myself a minute to take it all in.

Because soon it will be gone.

The West Virginia experiment is coming to a close. On Monday the house goes on the market and we start hoping/praying/cursing/evoking witchcraft that it sells in a timely manner, because sometime around July the first SOB starts his new gig up in Pittsburgh.

I can't say I'm entirely surprised. SOB has been pretty dissatisfied with his work ever since we moved here. Bit by bit it's gotten worse instead of better. He'e been on the prowl for a new job since the new year, but this one came up rather quickly and in the short span of six days it was a (nearly) done deal. The i's aren't quite dotted yet and the t's still need crossing, but it's good enough to call up the realtor.

How am I taking this, you ask? Well, that's a toughie. I think that this move is 100% right for us and our family. Living in the close suburbs of a city is life as we know it. Life as we like it. All of the things we've been missing here in WV will magically re-enter our lives. Non-chain restaurants, Montessori schools, Trader Joe's! In all seriousness, the number of times I've eaten at Ruby Tuesday's and The Outback Steakhouse these past two years is embarrassing.

But.

There's always a but, right? I do kind of like it here. I've had a lot of really good, important personal development here. I've made some amazing friends. I had a darling baby here. We live in a spectacular house that will be out of our price range in any place that people actually want to live. I've started a business here. I'm working as a leader with a local support group near and dear to my heart. In settling for West Virginia I've settled in West Virginia.

So now maybe you understand why it's been a little quiet around here. I've been working through this and thinking about every little thing possible to think about.

BUT!

Moving to Pittsburgh will be awesome for us.

I'm excited.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: