Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stress Patches

Sometimes, when people get stressed, they get physical symptoms of their mental anguish. Like headaches, stomachaches, etc. Other than sleep disturbances, which are a near daily thing with me anyways, I've never really dealt with anything like this.

Until now.

I've been a little stressed lately. You know, with the house being on the market, and having to register the kids for school in two different places, and someone we know being brutally murdered. (Yeah, I can't even start to think about writing that post.) And recently, I've developed small, bilateral patches of rashy skin on my forearms, just below my elbows.

They're kind of like soul patches, but less gross. Only slightly, though.

I've been rubbing ointment on them thrice daily, and moisturizer in between, and they're slightly less scaly, but not really. They itch, and they are totally visible and showcased if I even dare to rest my arms on a table top. Sometimes I try and exfoliate them gently but then they get all flaky and extra-gross. It's likely just an eczema-type rash, but still. It's kind of nasty. And it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

So in order to cure my skin condition, I really need to eliminate my stress. I'm thinking a massage. Doctor's orders.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

:( Hugs!

Arizaphale said...

This is so weird because I am suffering form the same thing...only mostly on my legs! It is totally stress I think :-(