Saturday, September 20, 2008

Crimes Against My Carpet

Our entire house has hardwood floors, so in each room we have area rugs. There are several reasons for this. One: noise reduction. Two: keeping toddlers safe from "attack" by hardwood floor. Three: keeping the hardwood floors, um, safe from attack by toddlers. No quotes this time. 


The past 24 hours have been especially hard on the rugs. Yesterday Sam dumped a huge pile of ketchup on the rug in the living room. This morning Lucy managed to grab a full cup of coffee that was at least 12 inches from the edge of our dining room table and pour the whole thing on the floor. Luckily she managed to raise the whole thing in an arc over her head and not spill a drop until it was past her. Also (quite fortunately) I had poured the cup half an hour before and just hadn't had the time to drink it, so it was rather tepid. That's when I stepped in the pile of cat vomit.

If it hadn't been for my red bottle of carpet cleaner I would have been SOL. And if it hadn't been for my blog/computer I wouldn't have been able to make it through the day without perseverating on these offenses. Even though I was totally annoyed while I was on my knees mopping up coffee and scraping half digested bits of kibble off of my foot, I knew deep down inside it would make at least half way interesting blog fodder. 

So thank you Blogger and Apple. Without you I would have lost my sanity over three years ago!

--

Thanks to Yoplait Kids Yogurt and The Parent Bloggers Network for sponsoring this blog blast!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

OK. What is SOL??? Oh and all you need for cat vomit is another cat. Our kitten cleans up after the big cat all the time! God knows where she puts it! The vet has suggested I put the big guy on vallium as he is such a neurotic spewy twit.
Time to call in the carpet cleaner :)