Friday, February 27, 2009

Where's My Silver Lining?

After sleeping for at least forty out of the previous forty-eight hours and six doses of antibiotics I'm glad to report that I am feeling much better! Not quite at 100%, but here are a few things I was able to do today that yesterday would have been nearly impossible:


1. Eat solid foods. Pop tarts have never tasted so yummy!
2. Leave the house, and not as a passenger in the car while still wearing my slippers. I took the kids to the playground this morning.
3. Put the dishes that have been piling up in the sink since Tuesday in the dishwasher. Because apparently my husband's arms are broken or something.
4. Take only over the counter pain pills, as opposed to those prescription ones I was starting to get hooked on. 

These are all very good steps in the right direction. I'm trying to keep things low key as to not over do it. Sam made some talk of the zoo this morning, and while I was tempted (it's almost sixty degrees today) I decided against it. 

But aside from the whole 'being sick and feeling like I'm dying' thing, you know what bugs me the most about this whole ordeal? I get no silver lining. If this were any other time in my life (i.e. if I wasn't pregnant) I would have the small consolation prize of losing a few pounds due to the whole not eating thing. Instead, I got two worry the whole time about not eating enough for the baby. I kept trying different things, but from Tuesday night until this morning, I only ate one yo baby, one diego yogurt drink, some cottage cheese and a bowl of potato soup my lovely sister-in-law made for me. It was not good. I took my vitamins, but still. 

Anyway, now that I'm on the mend I'll be sure to make up for lost time by consuming plenty of extra calories. I mean, I have to for the baby, right? And I happen to have it on good authority that the baby likes buffalo chicken stromboli, so I should be right as rain in no time!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

High Heeled Mama said...

So glad you're feeling better. Sick and pregnant is the worst. The silver lining? Already having the line you'll use when they are sixteen and claiming life isn't fair.

Lora said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, and don't worry. The baby will be fine because it is sucking the life out of you whether you feed it or not. So, sure you might lose a few teeth and have osteoporosis, but the baby will be fine.

susan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

Anonymous said...

This sounds rough---I think Lora's comment is right on target :-)