Thursday, September 08, 2005

As long as my babies don’t pronounce ‘ten’ as ‘tee-in’ then it’s ok if they say ‘ya’ll’

It looks like we will be heading to the Deep South come summertime 2006. Dr. SOB had his interview at Emory University Hospital on Tuesday, and things went very well. He still has an interview at Pitt (boo!) on Monday and another at Duke next Friday, but all signs are currently pointing to Falcons territory and the home of Coca-Cola. Pitt is low on our list because we think it would suck an A-hole to live there, and Duke is really big on research, which Dr. likes but doesn’t love. But it’s all about the benjamins, baby. Wherever offers the highest pay for the easiest lifestyle is where we will ultimately end up for next year. It’s an interesting but somewhat stressful time for us, and I am a swinging door of hormones and whatnot, so it’s been fun!

And speaking of the Falcons, the real NFL season starts tonight! I joined a fantasy football league this year. I’m probably going to get trounced, but I think it’ll be fun. I don’t really know much about the ‘other’ teams, besides the E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! and the Steelers, so I am using this fantasy football thingy as a learning tool. Any advice is welcomed, and if it leads to me winning the big bucks, maybe I’ll throw a few in your direction.

Tomorrow I go to the OB’s to get the big ‘is my baby retarded?’ test. It can identify neural tube defects, chromosomal abnormalities like downs, and spina bifida. It’s a teeny bit scary, but I think I’ll manage. Also I’ll be scheduling my detailed ultrasound, which is where the can identify the baby’s little tiny girl or boy junk. Yay!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

Thanks, thanks a lot! By not using Roethlisberger, I lost 20 f-ing points!