Saturday, January 28, 2006

Blogging on Empty

Since I have been mostly a solitary creature for the past few days, I feel like I don't have much to write about. Unless you want to hear all about my cats (one of them cleans himself too loudly for my liking), or my curtain washing adventures! Good times! Tonight, however, I am going to a party, so tomorrow may bring tales of carousing and canoodling galore!

In the next few weeks, I am going to try and get a bunch of things done that might fall by the wayside once the baby makes his grand entrance. Next week I am getting my hair cut, and yesterday I went to get new glasses and to get my eyebrows waxed. I also wanted to get a bikini wax, as I am concerned that while in the hospital I might meet up with the business end of a bic. Amy no likey razors! I would rather have things taken care of on my own dime and under conditions where I am at least mildly coherent. However Janet, my Russian hair-ripper-outter person would have none of it! Now I'm not quite sure what to do. I would never dream of trying to perform this delicate procedure myself, even under normal conditions, let alone when I can't see anything below my belly button. I've only let one other person in the 'beauty' industry work at that latitude, and it was torture. So I guess I'm going to have to go au natural and have a clearly stated 'No bic' policy in my birthing plan.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Lora said...

i know that the salon on 7th and walnut will do it for you (i think it is called thalia). a friend got hers done at 38 weeks there. also try harriet at pierre and carlo- she is my eyebrow lady and i love her. or janet at oggi, she is my bikini lady, who i haven't seen in way too long. i'm not sure if they do preg-waxes or not.
i would love to hear about the cats, personally.