Tuesday, February 14, 2006

10 Days and Counting

Today begins the final count down to my due date. I know that only 1 in 20 babies are actually born on their due date, and that first babies are usually born a little on the late side, but god help me I am so looking forward to February 24th. It's not that I hate being pregnant or anything. I have had the most positive pregnancy, with very few negative side effects. Sure my feet hurt a little and I'm more tired than I used to be, but by and large I have had it pretty easy. The main thing that is making me insane is the waiting. We are as ready as we can be, we have all the stuff, it's all assembled, clothes have been washed. We are ready! Give us this baby and we will do stuff with it! But waking up every day and not knowing whether this will be the last day before I become a MOTHER is driving me fucking nuts. Also, every time I plan something, I wonder if it will be the last occurrence of X before the baby is born. We usually get together with friends to watch Survivor on thursdays (I know, we are ginormous geek-wads) and every time we discuss who will be hosting, I think to myself 'This could be the last Survivor viewing party before baby!' It's really annoying.

On an exciting note, I made cookies today! I know that doesn't seem to unusual, but realize that the last time I made cookies I was in high school and they were the most disgusting things ever! So I made cookies for Dr. SOB, and honestly, they rock! I even got creative and made 2 heart-shaped ones in honor of Hallmark Day. I'm turning into one of those mom types that does shit, you know? Scary. Like I said, I am ready! Bring it on, baby!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: