Monday, March 06, 2006

There's A First Time For Everything

Today I whipped a tit out in public for the first time. I was at the pediatritian's office, which you could argue is not really that public, but consider the following: our appointment was at 3pm, which is right after the high school lets out, so the waiting room was filled with teenagers, mostly of the male variety. It was interesting. They tried really hard not to look, but most of them couldn't resist. There was this one boy with his iPod sitting nearby who was almost staring. I did have a blanket over me, but occasionally it slipped a little and some partial boobage would show. I think, all in all, it was not a terrible experience, but I'm not sure I'm going to be one of those moms who breastfeeds everywhere. That's why pumps were invented. I would have taken a bottle if I would have known they were going to make us wait 45 minutes. Oh well, baptism by fire, I guess! The good news is that Little SOB is gaining weight like a champ. He packed on a whole pound in 10 days! My breasts are filled with liquid butterfat.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Lora said...

maybe i should start practicing for public boobage now, so i am totally used to it by next month. i wonder how well that would go over with others? i'll start on the subway and progress to being comfortable with my boob out at work.

susan said...

I'll bet iPod boy would have found something else to look at if you'd offered him a squirt! Ahhh, public boobity. Good times!