Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cry Baby

Last night we let little Sammy cry himself into a deep, melancholy induced slumber. He slept for six and a half hours, and all after only 15 minutes of sobbing and screaming. Tonight, the Dr. is working, and I decided that I (and my neighbors) could totally handle 15 minutes of acute, ear piercing screams in exchange for almost seven hours of uninterrupted sleep. Sammy cried his little face off for 5 minutes and then quieted down. A little later, as I was congratulating myself on being the most effective sleep trainer ever, the crying began anew, and the efforts were redoubled. Sam then screamed for 40 minutes, even while I was holding him and trying to comfort him. I figure tonight, he should sleep for about seventeen hours.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: