Saturday, April 22, 2006

Not So Crafty

Dr. SOB has repeatedly asked me if I was planning on making a scrapbook for little Sammy. Actually, what he does is save little bullshit items with little or no sentimental value and then tells me he's keeping them so I can put them in Sam's scrapbook. I know he's taunting me, but I still feel guilty. I've only ever made one scrapbook in my life. I made it for Jen, who was my maid of honor and vice versa. It was one of the most frustrating things I have ever done. Not that I didn't do it gladly, Jen! I was really pleased with the final outcome, I just seriously underestimated the amount of time and equipment necessary to make a decent scrapbook. Once I was finished, I vowed I would never scrapbook again. I gave all of the things I had purchased that were only good for scrapbooking to my friend Christina, who is a dedicated scrapbooker. Once we found out we were going to have the little tot, I thought about making some kind of memory book, but I knew I wasn't cut out for it. Then Sammy was born. All of a sudden, there was all this stuff I wanted to keep. Like hospital bracelets and fake, non-official birth certificates and crap. I put all this stuff into a big shoebox labeled 'Pregnancy and Sam Memorabilia.' Now it seems like I'm putting things into that box every other day. At some point, I'm going to have to deal with the contents of said box. I just hope that when the time comes, god grants me the strength to carry out the entire scrapbooking procedure without harming myself or any small animals.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

susan said...

Hmmm, maybe this could work out as my "in-kind" service exchange... I'm never so happy as when I've got scissors, paper, and a bunch of glue to put it all together!!!

Lora said...

i have the same box, the same reservations, and the same hopes that it will get done sometime.

there are some things that are just randomly in the house, like jakes cord stump that i found in the pack and play changing table container that is meant to hold wipes but just dries them out. i vaguely remember putting it there, but i thought it was a cockroach when i saw it this morning.

is that too much information? sorry!

Wilson Wife said...

Amy Jo - I don't know you from Adam, but I wanted to tell you I LOVE YOUR SITE! My daughter is almost 5 months old and reading your site is like reading the stuff I would have written a few months ago! Thanks for putting the address on BabyFit!

And good luck w/ the scrapbook crap -- my MIL says "this is for her scrapbook" every freakin' time I see her! Argh! I have no time, woman! No time!

:) Thanks again! I look foward to future posts!

Cheryl