Monday, September 25, 2006

Your Mama's So Fat...

Another reason I am a little scared to go back to Philly is that I've gained about 15 pounds since I've left there. For those of you keeping track at home, I'm now about 25 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. There are a lot of excuses I could make. Some of them are legit, some are bogus, but for me it all boils down to will power. I've been more than a little sad at times here in the ATL, and I try and fix that with ice cream. And pizza. And cookies. And you get the point.

It doesn't help that Dr. SOB constantly wants to order take out. His reason being that since we're in a new place, we need to try all the local joints to find out which ones are good. A major issue I have with this practice is that if we're ordering from a pizza place, he orders a pizza. And some wings, french fries and onion rings, because maybe the pizza won't be any good. If we order from the Mexican place, we get salsa con queso, tacos, enchiladas, a few emapnadas and an order of churros. BBQ? Don't forget the ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad and half a chicken. Do you see my dilemma? Mild depression mixed with gobs and gobs of food never has a happy ending. Dr. doesn't get it. He loves all the eating, and he said that the extra pound have given me a huge rack. Why would I make him give up two of his most favorite things?

I've done this before. I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers, and I know I can do it again. Especially since I only really need to lose half that amount. I've been half assedly following the Weight Watchers program since Sam was six weeks old, but since I didn't have to pay for it until he was six months old, I slacked a little. Ok, a lot. But the grace period is over, and the commitment has been re-newed. My mother always needles me about how much weight I've lost when she knows I'm on the program. She's a life time member (as am I) and we always seems to be going back at the same time. She gets a little competitive with me, but sometimes that helps to motivate me.

I'm sharing this here because I hope it will add another level of accountability. All of you who know me and see me will know that I am on this mission. As you watch me reach for a cookie, I'll know that you know that I shouldn't be having that cookie. Fear of judgement will help keep me honest. Sad, but so very true! I'll post periodic updates (I promise this won't become a daily 'I'm so fat' thing) as another means of keeping myself in check. If I haven't mentioned anything in a while, please ask. I do better when pestered!

Let the annoying weight loss adventure begin!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

susan said...

Whimper
You were my last excuse to Josh for why we HAD to go to Termini's this weekend. I'll check and see if they've got anything in the "fruit salad" genre... :)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Viva la Weight Watchers. That's more Fat Matt's ribs for me and Doyle when they come to town. We'll get you some Fat Matt's tofu!

As for the increase in the rack size, I think some pictoral (preferably without the pesky annoyance of clothes) is in order here--especially for those who only know you since Sam was born.

How else will you get an informed and unbiased opinion?

Smile.

The Mayor

super des said...

Do we get to poke you with hot sticks when you grab cookies? Or more likely, I will put down my hot stick and also grab a cookie. I'm no good at this.

Amy Jo said...

Maybe we could use the hot sticks to get the chocolate chips in the cookies all melty like in the commercials...mmmmmmm cookies!

Also, mmmmmmm Fat Matt's, even in tofu form. You are such a lawyer!

Susan - I think a wee bit of Termini's won't hurt...we'll just make the boys eat most of it!

Lora said...

Termini Bros has the most fabulous fruit tart.

I'm excited to see you, and I can't wait to get my hands on that baby of yours. I'm trying to arrange for transportation to New Hope, of course Dave needs the car and planned something before the Nazi Regime took over Vendemmia. He would have been able to do both if we were staying in the city, but...
This is turning into an email, but I just want to say that I will be around all day Satruday too!

super des said...

You should go to fitday.com
It counts calories for those of us that are exceptionally lazy.

Amy Jo said...

#1: I could totally get down with a fruit tart!

#2: I'm renting a car, so we could drive you up to New Hope with us!

#3: Thanks for the tip, Des. I'll check it out!