Tuesday, October 10, 2006

In the Days of My Youth...

When I was three, we moved from the country into a small town. My mom and dad chose a house next door to some friends who had children nearly the same age as my brother and me. The day we moved in, they came over and us kids started playing with what few toys we had unpacked. The adults wanted to check out something in the yard, and since we had a big picture window, they left us in the living room to play, with the understanding that we were not to leave the sight of the window. Well, we got bored with the handful of toys we had, so we started tearing into boxes. We didn't find much, however we did come across a box of maxi pads. I'm talking the big, old fashioned, size of your forearm maxi pad. Naturally, we didn't know what we were playing with, but I was always a creative sort who could find the game in everyday objects. I took two, peeled off the backing, and stuck them smack dab to the sides of my head. My playmates looked at me, and squealed as I started hopping around the room like a little bunny rabbit. We all had a hell of a time playing Bugs Bunny, even my little brother who was too young to affix his own maxis. I stuck them on for him, because I'm that kind of sister. My only regret is that my folks couldn't find the camera.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

super des said...

I'd bet you wouldn't do that now!

There is some movie from a long time ago in which the little brother hits his head so the bigger brother uses a maxi as a head bandage. It sure does soak up the blood!

Amy Jo said...

I would if you paid me...

super des said...

I'm not gonna pay you. I'll do it with you though. We'd make quite a pair of bunnies.

Amy Jo said...

You're going to come out of your office one day and I'll be standing there with a box of old school pads. We'll ride the train together, ok?