Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mad Camera Lovin'

Well, it seems like the third week in January is when all the awesomely awesome photography people of the internet take some time out of their day to impart some wisdom upon us. As a very green lover of cameras, I have found some of these entries extremely helpful. So I thought I'd round them up here for anyone reading who may have a fledgling interest the subject.

First of all, Picture This is a fantastic blog written by the talented Tracey. What I love about this blog is that it is highly informative without overwhelming novices with a ton of technical info at once. It's all there, but she doles it out in manageable little parcels. She also runs a bunch of fun little photo games which helps to keep me snapping away.

Earlier this week Ree, the ultimate pioneer woman, gave us her take on taking pictures. What I particularly appreciated about her post is that she is self taught, and she makes no bones about it. Also, when I look at her pictures I sometimes want to cry. In a good way.

As far as some other blogs go, the Dooce family got a new camera recently. Heather doesn't often get into technical photography stuff, but I love looking at her daily photos for inspiration. For example, this shot of M&M's is kind of what inspired the vitamin photos.

Finally, another site I go to for inspiration is Suburban Bliss. As with Dooce, I usually head here to find inspiration rather than technical info. Also, the site's author Melissa is going to be on the Today Show tomorrow talking about drinks and how well they go with play dates. I want to be friends with this woman.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it's a good starting point. If you have any sites or info that you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about it. I could use the help!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: