Sunday, March 18, 2007

Real Moms Kiss and Make it All Better

Real moms can't protect their kids every moment of every day, and they don't beat themselves up over it. Although sometimes it looks like they beat up their kids.


Note the bruise above his eye. He fell into one of the lovely living room poles. There was much crying.

Then later this week he came home from daycare with a big strawberry brush burn on his nose.

On Friday his chipped his front tooth.

Aside from the day care nose incident, I was within arms reach of Sam when these injuries occurred. There was nothing, short of padding my entire home or bubble wrapping my kid, that I could have done to prevent them. Luckily, my mother seems to have passed on her magical 'kiss and make it all better' powers to me.

Kristen, the one woman internet phenom, started this meme. Click here to see all of the other posts.

Updated to add: Enter the Real Mom Truths contest! The winner will receive this amazing 4G iPod Nano and Chocolate gift set, plus a link to their post on True Mom Confessions on Mother's Day!

Stumble Upon Toolbar