Saturday, April 07, 2007

You Had to Ask, Didn't You?

The lovely and talented Mrs. Chicken was playing a fun question game over at her place the other day, and I just couldn't resist playing, too. So without further ado...

1. Dude, what's with all the cheese?

My life would be incomplete without it. Did you ever have that conversation at a sleepover where you're stranded on a deserted island and can only have one movie/cd/food? For me, cheese wins every time. Think of the possibilities! As far as how it became part of the blog title, well, that will be covered in #3.

2. Strawberry or banana milkshake?

Am I weird if I say neither? I've never been a big fruit ice cream person. I'll take a coffee milkshake any day, though.

3. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging about one week before I found out I was pregnant with Sammy. The initial plan was to use this blog as a way to share my pregnancy with our families, who all live about 300 miles from where we were at the time. By the time I got to my sixth post, however, things had taken a turn. I wasn't entirely sure I would be comfortable sharing my innermost fears about soiling myself with my Grammy.

Initially I called the blog 'Expecting in the City.' On day two, I realized that I hated this name. For one thing, I wasn't even sure I was pregnant yet, and I didn't wait to jinks myself. Also, I wasn't technically living in the city. Sure, if I spit with the wind at my back the resulting projectile would land in Philadelphia proper, but I was a resident of the suburbs. I was having trouble coming up with a new title, but I settled on Cheese Party as a temporary fix. The rest, as they say, is history.

4. What are the best and worst things about living in Hotlanta?

That's a toughie. The spring here has been pretty spectacular so far. When the end of winter closes in, I tend to get a little mental. That hasn't been a problem at all down here, since the weather perked up just around the same time I was started to get a little down.

As far as the worst is concerned, I would say it's the way folks here never leave the house unless they are fully dressed and done up. You know, in case they bump into the mayor or the queen or Elton John. This wouldn't bug me so much except that I get a lot of sideways glares when I go across the street to the supermarket in gym clothes.

Oh and the way no one knows how to cross the street properly.

5. Do you like it when people address you as "DR. Mrs. SOB?"

H.A.T.E.

There you have it! Now because every good turn deserves another, if you'd like me to think up some juicy questions for you, leave a comment and I'll be happy to oblige! Thanks again, Mrs. Chicken!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Mom101 said...

You and I are sisters in cheesedom. I swear, I just answered an interview question last week about what I can't live without and it's totally cheese. More than chocolate, more than wine. For real.

Ask me how many illegal, stinky, raw milk cheeses I've had this pregnancy. I dare you...

Amy Jo said...

I'm not going to ask, but only beause then I would have to admit to my transgressions as well!

Amy said...

Ha, I had an idea that would be your answer to No. 5.

Hope you have a happy Easter, and thanks for playing!

Amy Jo said...

The only person that can get away with calling me that is my mother, and she only does it when she's trying to piss me off!

Lora said...

I would love some questions, I'm having blogger's block.

And, I'm just catching up on internet stuff since my mom has dialup and I just can't do that anymore. I'm thinking of you and your little girl and that scan coming up. Keep us posted.

Janet said...

i would love to play...
i hope y'all had a great easter.

susan said...

Thanks for the backstory on how your blog got its name! I had come up with a convoluted explanation that involved lots of alcohol and a double-dog dare... Your explanation fits my image of you much better!