Tuesday, June 19, 2007

You Popped My Cherry!

Well, you know you've finally "arrived" as a blogger when you get your first nasty comment. Yesterday I posted about a news article stating that circumcision rates are on the decline. The story I linked in my post is now linking back to me via aol news and some dandy little thing called sphere. Some highly enlightened person named 'anonymous' wandered over to the Cheese Party and left this gem of a comment:

THE EMBARASSMENT TO HIM WHEN HE GETS OLDER FOR HIS GROSS SMELLING, BACTERIA INVITING DIRTY CHEESEPOCKET WILL THAN BE IRREVERSIBLE.

First of all, I must tip my hat to you. The use of all caps really helps drive your point home. I bet you learned about that in grad school or something. Also adding to the impact of your argument is the misspelling of the word 'EMBARASSMENT.' I'm sure it was intentional, though I can't decipher exactly what your intention was. It's probably because I wasn't fortunate enough go to grad school like you. Finally, how very clever of you to play off this blog's title in the coining of the word 'CHEESEPOCKET.' It's almost compelling enough to make me want to run out and cut off the tip of my son's penis right now!

Thank you, anonymous, and rest easy knowing that you've saved at least one little boy from IRREVERSIBLE EMBARASSMENT.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I better not let my 4 1/2 year old uncircumcised boy read that comment - he might become irreversibly embarassed!

Becky said...

This is your choice to make not ours. I am sorry that someone was rude like this! I did have my boys circumcised mostly because daddy wanted them to look like he did. he says since he was then his boys would be too.
your son will be just fine with the choice you make for him!

susan said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, cheesepocket....

Love how the blogtards always hide under a cloak of anonymity. And really, isn't the IRREVERSIBLE EMBARASSMENT of our offspring the sole reason we put all this stuff out there? Job well done, apparently!

Amy Jo said...

If I used my parents as an example, IRREVERSIBLE EMBARASSMENT was the sole purpose of parenting all together.