Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lucy: Month Six (The Belated Edition)

Dear Lucy,

Hello beautiful! Did you know that I am the luckiest mommy in all the world for getting to spend the past six months (and four days) with you? You are so happy to see me all the time. Other people, not so much. But me? YAY! You also kind of like your Aunt Allison, Sammy and your Daddy. A little. But just the merest glance at my face sets you wild. It's a great ego boost! It also helps when I've spent a little too much time with your brother, who is taking this whole 'two' thing very seriously, and is therefore quite terrible. Your sweet face is all I need to calm my soul.

Will you look at those thick, yummy baby legs? You have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I'll have to edit in the deets regarding your height and weight later on. (That would be 18 pounds 15 ounces and 26 inches. Good god child!) I'm certain it'll be impressive. If you look at your face directly, you can't see your ears because of the roundness of your cheeks. I could spread you on a cracker and eat you right up.

While these aren't proper kisses, I love them as though they were. In reality you're trying to bite either my nose or chin. If anything does make it into your mouth, it isn't likely to make it out unscathed. I have a feeling your mouth won't be empty for much longer. Teeth are surely on the horizon.

While I once thought your eyes might end up the same bright color as your brother's, now I feel like they might take on a darker, more sapphire color. They are still radiantly blue, though, and I doubt that will change.

Eating has taking on entirely new meaning for you. At this time last month, you still weren't grasping the concept so well. We would spoon food in, but you would spit out most of it. Now you gobble it up like a starved person. Forget cereal. You love pears, sweet potatoes, peas, squash, apples, blueberries and more!

Another task mastered since last month: sitting. You can sit for minutes at a time, mostly unattended. I still sit with you because it's fun to watch you examine your world from this new perspective. But while sitting is fun, standing is your fave. I'm placing bets that you'll be walking before you are one.

It doesn't matter, though, because you'll always be my baby! I love you little girl!

Mama

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

As I walked up the stairs from work this afternoon I called out 'Where's my baby girl???' Nearly thirteen years but she's still my baby girl.

Beautiful post. Beautiful kid.

BTW: I was trawling for quotes today and found this one
http://www.quotationspage.com/mqotd/2008-02-13.html
and thought of you.......