Thursday, February 28, 2008

Memories...


My mother pulled this out for me when we were back in Pittsburgh. I don't actually remember filling it in, but according to the first page I did so when I was six. Initially I had written that I wanted to be a TV star when I grew up, but I guess I was a realist even way back in 1985. In some ways, I'm glad that I've accomplished my six-year-old aspirations, but in other ways I'm kind of bummed that I haven't become a Lion Tamer, Sea Captain or Millionaire.


Seriously, what kid doesn't want to be a Millionaire? At that age I couldn't quite count to 100 yet, so Millionaire was probably as confusing to me as Frogman. I guess I'm just glad that I didn't grow up to be Nothing!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Stacy said...

How cute is that?? My mom pulled out some of my old stuff a few years ago and they are so fun to look at...makes it clear where our kids got it from, doesn't it?? :)

Phyllis Sommer said...

that's just awesome. what a funny memory!!!!

High Heeled Mama said...

My mother-in-law gave my husband his copy of this book, too. Although full of cute answers, it says "When I Grow Up, I Want to be...a fart." Seriously!

Although, it's in slightly different handwriting, so we think his younger brother got a hold of it at some point during their youth and defaced it (there are lots of uses of the word fart written over other answers in the book).

Lora said...

I was so confused by "frogman" when I was a kid too! I remember when there were actual toys (not url codes and coupons) in cereal boxes, and one promised me a frogman. I had nightmares every night until I got to the bottom of that box. The terrible pictures I had in my mind of this half-man half-frog creature lurking in my food, eating cornflakes to stay alive until I finally freed him horrified me.

Turns out it was just this little scuba guy who you put baking soda and vinegar in and he would propel himself thru the bathtub.

Total letdown.

Arizaphale said...

Are you sure that you didn't mean you wanted to be 'your' mother???? I mean it doesn't say 'a' mother does it? :-D