Friday, May 30, 2008

Dog Day Afternoon


Being on vacation is fun, in a way. In another way it's sheer torture.

Back at home we have pretty solid routines. We go to the Y every day, either for the kids' swimming class or for my exercise classes. That almost kills the entire morning because once we get back it's back-to-back nap time and then all of a sudden I'm making dinner.

Here routine is a dirty word. The only routine thing going on here is nap schedules getting routinely thrown off schedule. Bed times are chaotically late, and don't even ask what time we've been getting up in the morning.

In other words, I am damn near exhausted. It's only 8:45 and already the baby is down for a nap and I am running out of things to entertain Sam. We've already played Jenga and moved on to Battleship.

It doesn't help that we've been eating (and once the kids are in bed, drinking) our weight every day, and that I haven't been exercising. Well, I did go to one spinning class on Monday, but that was almost more of a social thing than a fitness thing. And I got pulled over on the way there, so once I got back to our 'beach hoome' (as Sam calls it) I drowned my sorrows in some s'mores pop tarts.

We head back to our real home tomorrow, and even though I dread the car ride, I am looking forward to being back on our regularly scheduled program.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

super des said...

I know exactly what that's like. The worst is when you're gone long enough that you don't bother getting back into routine.