Monday, August 11, 2008

Wah!

Right now, my oldest (as in I have known her the longest, not that she herself is old) friend Jen and her fiancee are down in Center City with SOB dining and drinking beers and have a grand ole time. 


And me? 

I'm sitting on my couch drinking a sympathy glass of wine while Sam watches Curious George. 

Why? 

Well for starters Allison is out of town, rendering us baby-sitter-less. The plan for today was that after Sam's nap me and the kids were going to join Jen in town and then SOB was going to hook up with us after work. Then once the kids were ready to come home one of us (preferably him) would bring them home while the remaining adults did whatever they wanted. Until Sam decided to fight napping for almost 2 hours. When he finally realized he was tired he slept for almost 3 hours. By the time he woke up Lucy was winding down.

So here I sit. Sad and feeling sorry for myself.

Won't you join me?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

High Heeled Mama said...

I would so join you except I realized I'm out of wine...horrors. Hmmmm...commiserating with leftover birthday cake. Yum.

Unknown said...

We were sitting at home watching a movie .... could have easily done that at your place! Next time you're in a pinch, just call!

:)