Thursday, February 12, 2009

FINGER PAINTS! FINALLY SHE LET US HAVE FINGER PAINTS!

For almost three years I have resisted the lure of finger paints. For some reason, just the thought of bringing these art supplies into my house gave me palpitations. Half the reason I send the kids to school is so they can finger paint on his teachers' watch. But Sam is almost three, and I had a project in mind for making valentines that included the dreaded finger paints. As soon as I mentioned this to Sam, he totally flipped his lid, so I' guessing the kid likes finger painting.

We went to the store together and I let him pick exactly which ones he wanted. Once we got home, I stripped him from waist up and let him go to town. 


It was so much fun, and the valentines came out lovely as well. It was a special day for everyone!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, he looks so excited! Sweet!

I'm the same way, I don't really let the kids get their hands dirty with finger paints. They already cover themselves with markers and watercolor paints that I'm afraid of what would happen. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great shot! They do so love the messy stuff, don't they? Shirtless is definitely the way to go! ;-)

iMother2.0 said...

LOVE it! We did some painting yesterday that turned into fingerpainting :)

Jen said...

I love finger painting. He sure looks like her thoroughly enjoyed it.

chaoticfamily said...

That's great!! We love our finger paints here too.

susan said...

How did you manage to get him to perfectly frame his face with his hands? Also, how on earth did you keep his face so pristine? Finger paints = face paint around here.