Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Random List of Randomness

1. My camera is in the shop, and it's sooooooo weird! I feel like something is missing from my life. And I keep encountering these perfect photographic moments! For example, when I got home this morning from taking the cat to the vet, I opened the back door and found Lucy, dressed in a Sleeping Beauty costume, perched upon the, um, throne. (Our back door faces the door to the bathroom, just so you know, and almost-two-year-olds aren't the best at closing the door behind them while peeing.) Nothing is wrong with the camera, by the way. It just needed a good sensor cleaning. It'll be home Wednesday!


2. I have found that daily naps help tremendously with the general bitchiness I've been experiencing. Though I am still itching to make a pie...

3. I know this next statement is going to offend someone somewhere, so please brace yourselves...I've decided I don't like Radiohead. I've tried for years and I even own several of their albums, but I just don't get it. I think it's a little too mellow and whiny for me. I'm not too into the falsetto thing. Commence attack.

4. Something (or someone) stole one of two ripe tomatoes growing along my fence this morning. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was a someone, however, for three reasons: a) The squirrels in this neighborhood are getting their fill of apples, thank you very much! b) the tomato in question was almost as big as a softball, i.e. much to large for a squirrel to carry off. and c) the squirrels are stupid and usually leave about half their meal uneaten just under from where they snatched it. The tomato was gone without a trace. Hands off my fucking produce, neighbors. I'm watching you.

5. I drove all the way to the vet this morning, a good half an hour, announcing every 'big yellow school bus' and 'big yellow bulldozer' along the way for the enjoyment of my children. One of which was at camp and the other of which was at home with her aunt. The cat, unfortunately, did not find me amusing.

6. Seems like a nice, even number to end things on. G'bye!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

susan said...

Ha! at number 5. If I had a penny for every time I've wished I had the boy with me as an excuse when I'm caught talking to myself in a public place...