Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sing a Song

I grew up in a very musical family. Every time we took a car trip we listened to musicals and rock n' roll and folk music and big band and pretty much everything in between. I took piano and voice lessons, and my brother played the guitar.


Photobucket

While my piano now resides in some distant family member's basement, my brother is seemingly never without a guitar. Unless he's letting some other distant family member play with it!

Photobucket

He especially gets a kick out of seeing Sam with it.

Photobucket
Taken with my iPhone, using the ShakeItPhoto app.

But lately, we've been graced with a different sort of music...

Photobucket

Ever since we've put up the bird 'seeder' (as Lulu calls it) we've been getting tons of singing visitors. First we had this mama Cardinal come by for a bite to eat.

Photobucket

Less than a minute from when she left her boyfriend showed up. At least, I'm assuming that's her boyfriend. I don't watch soaps, so I construct elaborate social lives for the creatures that live in my yard. These pictures were taken through a window, so they're not as sharp as I'd like, but I love how both birds looked right at me like, 'What's your problem lady? I'm just trying to have some lunch here! Bug off!' They're a match made in heaven!

What kind of musicality do you have to share this week?

--

Also, don't forget to check out 50 Faces @ 50mm if you have a few minutes to spare. It's in its infantile stages, so any feedback would be appreciated!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Megan said...

i just love kids with guitars -- so cute! we've got one that owen loves to "play."

music

Dan said...

Remind me that some time some of "Dusty Dan's" money needs to go to getting him a left handed guitar. CD's are here

Black Min said...
This comment has been removed by the author.