Thursday, October 29, 2009

Maggie, Month One

Dearest Maggs -


Remember when you were born?

Photobucket

I do. You were already the sweetest thing ever and you were only a few minutes old. I know one day your brother or sister might read this and get angry, but I have never been more instantly in love with a baby as I have been with you. You are just so, so sweet and perfect and soft and cuddly and OMG I just can't stand to listen to myself when I'm around you. Maybe some of it is circumstantial, but this new baby phase has been such a delight so far that I can only imagine how much more fun it's going to be!

Photobucket

Aside from wanting to be held a lot, which I am happy to oblige you, you are pretty much perfectly content. You only cry when you are hungry or need a diaper change. And now that you'll smile at me, well let's say that the tiniest grin more than makes up for any crying that happens.

color splash

All of those colorful blankies you are asleep on were made by your great-grandmother Margaret. Some were for Sam, some for Lucy and one was just for you! I hope to keep them for the three of you to pass on to your children.

Photobucket

Your eyes are getting lighter, but let me tell you I seriously doubt they'll be blue like Sam and Lucy's. That's ok with me, because I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll be the same color as mine! With two blue eyed kids, I never realized that I kind of really want you to have my eyes. Or maybe they'll be a nice light brown like your daddy. Either way, I'm sure they'll be stunning.

Photobucket

Thank you, Maggs, for making our family complete. I love you baby!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Awwwwwwwwww. I love the soft squidgy feeling I get over here nowadays! It's like bathing in chocolate. But how did you get those blue eyed babies if neither you nor SOB have blue eyes? I do not get this dominant recessive thing.....