Monday, April 11, 2011

Freddie: Month One

Dear Freddie,

Please help your dear mother out. Don't grow anymore. I can't believe that this is the first installment of the last installment of monthly letters. As you can imagine, this is difficult for me. What makes it even more difficult is that you seem to double in size every four days or so. Here is you when you were first born:

Photobucket

And you are the other day, smiling at your mama like it's no big deal:


You're still a little leery of my bigger camera, so a cell phone photo will have to do for now! And while these photos don't quite capture the growth you've achieved recently, everyone who sees you on a semi-regular basis has noticed. My father even though you grew between last tuesday and friday!

Photobucket

Your fingers and toes are insane. Random people comment on how big your hands are. And you have monkey toes for sure. You will even try and grab onto thing with your long toes! Your nails grow at the speed of light, which is horrible, because you don't enjoy having them cut. However, when I don't cut them you scratch the hell out of your face. No fun!

Photobucket

You've had the chance to meet most of your relatives by now. None of my grandparents ever got to meet any of your siblings when they were as young as you, and it was a really special occasion for my grandmother, who beat cancer last year.

Photobucket

You're playing a little here and there. And by playing, I mean staring intently at stuff, looking vaguely amused. It's super cute.

Photobucket

You are a sweet, sweet darling boy. I can't get enough of your little squeaks and grunts, and it melts me inside when you clutch onto my hair, so that when I lay you down you have a few strands in your fists. You smell like baby, and sometimes I almost want to lick your head to see how you taste!

Photobucket
March 23

Photobucket
April 4

You could be sleeping more at night, but you're only a month old, so I'll forgive you. Because I just love you so very, very much, my forever baby.

Love, Mama

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Now don't you baby that baby!! :-D
He is going to be a big fella I guess? Lovely letter..