Friday, July 22, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

This morning I was on the phone with my mother. Before we hung up, she said, "Drive safe on your trip home."


We both gasped. You see, this afternoon we'll all be piling into the car and driving to Philly. It's funny how even after living here for over a year, sometimes we all still think of Philly as our home. This trip should be fun, hot and interesting. We haven't been back since the dreary days of winter, and I was still waaaaaaaay pregnant with Freddie.

Summer there is different, though. It smells funny, but there is something a little magical about the funk. We're going to run through sprinklers, have a BBQ with friends, and eat some oysters. I'm going to try not to cry, but if I do, it'll be so hot I might be able to pass it off as sweat.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: