Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Miss Lucela Jones

Lucy, you may remember, can be somewhat of a difficult child. But lately she's been a real sweetie! Going back to school has done her a world of good. We had a fun summer, but it was not without its challenges. Now that she's back into a regular schedule, we're getting along much better. I don't know if it's time spent away from me, or if it's just that she needed more intellectual stimulation that I could give her at home, but she's not only flourishing at school, but also at home.

Last week when she was with the baby sitter, she made me this lovely bouquet of flowers.


I've been prominently displaying them ever since. Not only was it a darling thing for her to do, but they never need watering and they won't die! The perfect combination.

On Saturday night, as we snuggled on the couch, she looked up at me and said, 'Mama, I would make it rain outside if you were thirsty.' I just about melted. I posted it on facebook, without attribution, and texted it to some of my family. Every single person thought that it was Sam who told me this, but no, it was my girl. That's what inspired me to write this post. I feel like I only write about her when she's giving me a tough time, and I never mention the nice parts of my Lulu.

In closing, here's a fun little video of my girl. I'll take wagers in the comments on whether or not she puked.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: