Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gypsy Life: Day Five

Today was a day I don't really want to talk about. But in the interest of keeping this series going, I'll try and persevere.

Lucy had a great first day of kindergarten, according to her. She didn't eat her sandwich and I had to throw it away (booooo!) but she claimed that lunch was her favorite part of the day. The entire two hours she was at school while Maggie wasn't, Mrs. Magoo loudly and stompily proclaimed her desire to also be in school. She decried the un-fair-ness of it all, while laying on the floor pounding and kicking and screaming. Let me repeat my earlier statement that I really truly hope our downstairs neighbors work during the day.

As a sidebar, let me tell you about our washer/dryer. First off, I am very and truly appreciative of the fact that we have a washer and dryer in the unit, and don't have to schlep to a laundry mat. HOWEVER! We have at least nineteen children (wait, did I count that right?) and they mostly all require clean laundry most of the time. The stackable apartment washer/dryer combo thingie can hold about six garments before you can't get the lid to shut. Which means I'm doing laundry more that I could have ever, ever imagined. On the plus side, I can fold and put away each load super-quick! Which makes me feel like an awesome housekeeping-type person. To the rescue!

I met and talked with several candidates for babysitting. I am going to reserve commenting more on this, just in case one of them happens to end up being our babysitter, and ends up discovering this blog. Don't take that as a negative, though. I'm mostly hopeful that by the end of the week we'll have some sort of babysitting system loosely in place. Fingers crossed!

Sam just told me that I had to come outside on the deck so that I could take a picture of the falling sky. Christ on a cracker, I love that kid.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: