Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gypsy Life: Day Six

Sometimes I wonder just how all of this relocation stuff is affecting SOB. If you didn't already know (are there seriously any of you out there who don't know us in real life?) SOB lived in the town we're moving to until he was six. The girls are attending the same Montessori school he attended as a child. We had dinner with his family tonight at a restaurant he used to frequent in his childhood. As someone who never had any desire to return to her hometown permanently, I feel like that must be weird for him. I guess that's why I didn't really bat an eye when he relayed an experience about seeing a car wash that triggered a long forgotten memory, which in turn gave him the urge to just turn north and head to Alaska. Fortunately, he had to go and pick up one of our daughters, and his sense of responsibility outweighed his yearning to escape to the Arctic. This time...

In other news, the people we are buying the house from started moving out today. There's the truck! While this is kind of good news, it does smart a little that they won't let us close until the 25th at the earliest. I could go on and on about that, but I'm trying to bring more positivity into my life by being less negative, so I won't.

Speaking of being less negative, I'm not going to say a single fucking word about our babysitter search. Not a single word.

How are y'all yinz doing?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Having moved back to my home town (2003)...I can fully appreciate what SOB is experiencing.....we still wave everytime we pass the end of the street where I grew up. With ALL its memories...