Friday, April 26, 2013

Grown Your Own Rainbows

My garden has been taking up a lot of my "free" time lately. That is, the two hours a day when Fred naps. We don't have any irrigation as of yet, so every day I haul the hose up there and give everyone a nice sprinkle. When Lucy is home with me, she comes along to count our garden rainbows. 

My poor beans had to be re-seeded because it got a little too cold last week and the babies never managed to push all the way up. I found a few of the stunted shoots in the soil when I planted the new ones. This here is the first one to come up. Hooray! 

My peas are all like, whatever, beans are wussies. Bring it on, frost! 

Meanwhile, indoors and upstairs, all of my little tomatoes are growing up right and good. The peppers and tomatillos are just starting to come up. The cukes and sunflowers and whatever else I've got going up there are doing just fine, also. 

It's going to be a tasty summer!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: