Monday, June 24, 2013

Magic Beans and Gardening with Kids


I post a lot about my garden here, don't I? Well, we went away for the weekend, and it happened to be very hot while we were gone, and the garden went crazy! I spent well over an hour shelling and blanching peas last night. In fact, I was so preoccupied with the peas yesterday that I totally neglected our beans. Our magic beans! Why are they magic? Well, let me show you...



(I apologize for the shaky cam, but I was trying to blanch beans, make a video and keep the kids from burning themselves all at the same time!)

Seriously, if you only grow one thing with your kids, make it these beans. I got the seeds on amazon, they've grown easily, and are super tasty.

My only complaint about them is that they are so delicious that the deer have found some way past our DOUBLE fence so that they can eat them all up. Effing deer.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Love this video! I want to grow magic beans!

Amy Jo said...

You should! I'm sure baby Rhino would love them, next year!