Monday, July 08, 2013

Dog Days


Wow. I blinked and summer is half over! How did that happen? We've been alternately doing everything and nothing, and generally having fun at both. On days when we stick around at home, we usually end up in the pool. 

Retro Swim Day

It rained yesterday so no pool. Instead we took ALL FOUR kids to the movies, which was a first for us. And for Maggie and Fred, who had never before seen a movie on the big screen. They behaved quite well. Until we ran out of popcorn, that is. Luckily, we were seeing Despicable Me 2 and the theater was full of squirming, chatty kids, so Fred's screaming was probably only noticeable on one or two (dozen) occasions. 

We had a nice family picnic for the Fourth of July, and the weather cooperated! And history repeated itself yet again in that we could see fireworks from our yard. I take that as a sign that we are meant to live here, at least for a while. 


Today is my mom and dad's 35th wedding anniversary. How cool is that? I was jazzed when SOB and I hit the 10 year mark, so I can't even imagine how 35 must feel. They took a weekend trip to the Grand Canyon of PA and spent the day hiking. Also very cool. When we hit our 35 year mark, we'll be older than they are now, but I hope we can manage a brisk walk at least.


And? I just ran 3 miles and change, and I don't feel quite so murder-y! I didn't love it, but my desire to kill myself or someone else was barely noticeable. Is that what all of these runners are talking about when they mention feeling a runners high? If it is, then LAME.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: