Tuesday, August 04, 2009

New Resident

For the next four weeks we will be housing our good friend Eric as he works his butt off at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He is a medical student from Boston, but we went to the same college (good ole' SJU) so he's a native in the same vein we are.


It's fun and interesting to observe him going through this stage of his career. It's so different, from my perspective, from when SOB went through it. First of all, I'm not busy planning a wedding during my senior year of college, so I can actually pay attention to a little of what he's saying when he comes home. Secondarily, it's just a whole 'nother can of worms being on the periphery. With SOB, I was half as mired in his schooling as he was. Being on the outside is kind of cool.

It's also fun having a semi-permanent house guest. This is kind of a running dealie with us, shacking up with friends. One of my best friends lived with us for a summer during college. (Coincidentally, it was during the same stage of SOB's med school.) Sister-in-law Allison has lived with us on two separate occasions. And Eric even lived with us (sort of) for a while when his then-girlfriend-now-wife stayed with us for a few months. I guess it's kind of our thing. Aside from having to keep my bra on all of the time, as opposed to only about 30% of the time normally, it's nice.

Moral of the story? If you ever need a place to stay, give me a ring!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh, hadn't been in here in a little while and stopped by to find a little entry about my hubby! can't wait to see you all this weekend :)
and by the way, you can totally go braless - i always do, and more importantly, he won't even notice. you're what, 32 weeks or so pregnant - be comfortable!

Arizaphale said...

Ah hah. He may even be on hand for the birth? maybe??